Thursday, November 20, 2008

The use of e-communication in finding and doing a job

Last year to find an internship I spend hours on the Internet.
*First step: having model of CV on the Internet to improve my own. That was delicate…
*Second step: to look for vacant intern situation. There are hundreds of specialized web sites. My favourite one was profil-culture.com, I also check web sites of a lot of media (Canal + , TF1, Lemonde.fr, MK2…)
* Third step: Sending dozens of application by email, each of it with an adapted motivation letter for the job and firm.
* Fourth step: Make web research to prepare each interview.

This year I will have the same process. The Internet is my main tool both for documentation on firm, an communication with recruiter.
Maybe I could make more research on the market, because I’m looking for a little start-up or something like that, in London or Australia. So I will have to find this little firm…

No comments: