Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Internet in professionnal life


In my job, the Internet will certainly be THE major tool of communication. More and more people use it for mailing, for research, and now also to call. As it's almost free and the online documentation is every day more complete that the one before, it's not gonna change. Especially for people working in communication as I do. Celsa.fr
So I like it and I will have to learn how to take the most of opportunities from the web.

I see one problem anyway : some studies have proved that an abusive utilisation of emails is counter-productive. People have a trend to send email for insignificants purpose, even in job's context. And the people who receive it have to spend a lot of time to read it all, make some classification and respond.
So I will not forget to talk directly to people, sometimes it’s more efficient than e-communication... Internet is powerfull, but traditionnal meeting is not dead, maybe e-meeting and e-conference is the future.

No comments: