Thursday, September 25, 2008

What about the P2P ?


Limewire, one of the best peer to peer (P2P) software is an exciting tool for me.

I download hundreds of songs, dozens of movies or tv shows for free.

Contradictorily I don’t care too much about the long term effect of pirating content on the Internet. It’s my only option to see as much video or music I want, it gave me the opportunity to improve my media culture, to share it with friends. I know it’s really bad for the media economy, but I thinks this is to the big groups to finds new ways to make there money. On that subject, I am in favour of a global licence for the internet, like the french “redevance”.

What’s more, in France today, from the last law passed on the national assembly, the legislation is so complex about it that you could argue that it’s not illegal, if someone put you on a trial. Anyway, I'd rather avoid it...

No comments: